Welcome to Foundation 1!
Also known as... The Gruffalo's Forest!
Our class teacher is Miss Hoggard.
Our teaching assistant is Miss Giller.
Other members of Foundation staff you may see are -
Miss Law, Miss Varley, Miss Bull, Mrs Boden and Miss Roberts.
Our morning session begins at 8.45 and ends at 11:45.
Our afternoon session begins at 12:00 and ends at 3:00.
PE is on a Tuesday for our morning children. PE is on a Friday for our afternoon children. Please send children to school wearing their PE kits (black trainers/pumps, white top and black bottoms. Red school jumper/cardigan or a black hoodie can be worn in cooler weather). Earrings need to be removed on PE days.
We change books weekly. Please send your child with their reading folder every day.
The weather is getting cooler now we are heading into Autumn but we still like to learn and play outside whatever the weather! Please send your child to school with a coat so they can access our outdoor activities.
For any new families joining our school, here is a virtual tour of our Foundation unit! We can't wait to meet you all soon!
If you have a question, suggestion or would like to make a comment, please fill in this form and we'll get back to you. Thank you.
Tapestry and Marvellous Me
In Foundation Stage we use an online program called 'Tapestry' to share your child's learning journey with you. Tapestry allows you to log in and see what your has been learning in school and gives you the opportunity to share experiences at home with us. This is a secure sight which allows only you to view your child's learning journey and gives you an insight to the learning opportunities they access whilst with us in Foundation.
Across school this year we have introduced a new positive communication tool called 'Marvellous Me'. This tool will be used in Foundation to share news, messages and significant positive achievements with you. Parents and carers get an app on their phone to access it. If you haven't signed up, please do so ASAP so that you don't miss out.
Tapestry Guide for Parents
Here is our homework menu for the Autumn ...
To help your child with early phonics, please see the video below:
Here are some of the songs that we sing each day...
Things you can do with your child at home to help them in Nursery:
- Practice undressing and redressing, encouraging your child to be independent.
- Read a book together. Talk about the story, characters and events. Let your child turn the pages and help them to join in with repeated phrases.
- Spend time playing games like snakes and ladders and other board games. It's a great way to practice some counting and turn taking skills.
- Complete a jigsaw together. Jigsaws are brilliant for helping your child to be a problem solver and pattern spotter.
- Go for a walk and talk about the things you can see and hear.
- Have fun with mark making. Use a bowl of water and a paintbrush to draw pictures outside on the wall or the fence. Use different coloured pens, pencils and paper to practice drawing lines, shapes, animals, people, anything!