Welcome to Foundation 1!
Our class teacher is Miss Hoggard and our teaching assistants are Miss Giller and Mrs Boden.
Other members of Foundation staff you may see are -
Miss Law, Miss Varley and Mrs Coope
Our morning session begins at 8.45 and ends at 11:45.
Our afternoon session begins at 12 and ends at 3.
PE is on Monday for our morning group and Friday for our afternoon group this half term. This half term we will be working on taking our shoes and socks off independently. Children will not need PE kits this half term. Please ensure earrings are removed on a PE day.
Children access our outdoor provision in all weathers. As the weather gets colder, please make sure you send your child with a warm coat and shoes suitable for running and climbing.
Snow Day 10.03.23
You have three jobs from us ...
1. We've been reading the Three Little Pigs. Go outside and make a snow pig or wolf. Don't forget to send us a photo!
2. This week we have been learning to show numbers on our fingers. Watch the video of 'Five Little Men in a Flying Saucer'. Can you show the numbers on your fingers for each part of the song?
3. We have been learning to draw circles. Can you draw a picture of the three little pigs using some circles for our display?
Have a lovely day, we can't wait to see what you have been up to!
In Foundation Stage we use an online program called 'Tapestry' to share your child's learning journey with you. Tapestry allows you to log in and see what your child has been learning in school and gives you the opportunity to share experiences at home with us. This is a secure site which allows only you to view your child's learning journey and gives you an insight to the learning opportunities they access whilst with us in Foundation.
If you have any questions about Tapestry please come to see Miss Hoggard.
Tapestry Guide for Parents
Our F1 children take part in Brushing Buddies, a supervised brushing programme run by our trained F1 staff. Our children love to tickle their teeth!
If you have any questions about the programme please come to see Miss Hoggard.
Please see the links below for support on brushing teeth at home. Remember, brushing teeth with fluoride toothpaste twice a day is the most effective way to prevent tooth decay.
Your child will be sent home with a lilac reading book to read themselves and a sharing book for you to read to your child. Please send your child to school with their reading folder every Thursday so we can change their book.
Please watch the video below to help support your child with phonics, reading and writing,
Early Reading and Writing at Church Vale
Home Learning Links
Here are some of the songs that we sing each day...
Things you can do with your child at home to help them in Nursery:
- Practice undressing and redressing, encouraging your child to be independent.
- Read a book together. Talk about the story, characters and events. Let your child turn the pages and help them to join in with repeated phrases.
- Spend time playing games like snakes and ladders and other board games. It's a great way to practice some counting and turn taking skills.
- Complete a jigsaw together. Jigsaws are brilliant for helping your child to be a problem solver and pattern spotter.
- Go for a walk and talk about the things you can see and hear.
- Have fun with mark making. Use a bowl of water and a paintbrush to draw pictures outside on the wall or the fence. Use different coloured pens, pencils and paper to practice drawing lines, shapes, animals, people, anything!
Nursery rhymes and songs help our children to develop their vocabulary, communication and language skills. We sing everyday in Foundation 1. Here are some of the rhymes we are enjoying this term ...